Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Name is Rachel and I am Reproductively Challeneged

        Announcing that you are having problems getting pregnant is kind of like what I would think standing up and announcing to your family that you are an alcoholic would be like. No one really knows what to say to you or how to react. Most people tend to minimize your pain or just pretend that it isn't really happening. That is why I am doing it on the world wide web!
        My name is Rachel and I am 24 years old. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for seven months. After I stopped taking birth control I didn't have a period for almost four months. I went to see my OB/GYN and was diagnosed with PCOS. I was shocking by the diagnosis because before I went on birth control my menstrual cycles were completely normal. I was prescribed Provera for three months and told to come back in three months if I wasn't pregnant. Three months later I went back and was prescribed Clomid and Metformin. I just finished my first month on Clomid. I ovulated for the first time in seven months on Clomid but I didn't fall pregnant this month. That is my story so far. As my husband and I like to say, "We are getting there."
        It is my hope that sharing my story will benefit anyone else who is experiencing reproductive difficulties and to give myself a place to share what I am going through and feeling. There are many of us reproductively-challenged ladies (and men) out there and most suffer through it in silence. We don't have to!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment