Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day

For most reproductively challenged women Mother's Day is extremely hard and is a painful reminder of what we don't have, but we usually don't think about how hard Father's Day must be on our spouses. Men handle infertility differently than women. They don't talk about it as much as we do. Men are "fixers" by nature, so they don't really know how to react to a situation that they have no control over. This doesn't mean that it isn't hard for them too. The following is an open letter to all of the strong men who love and support us through the hard journey to parenthood.

Dearest Love,

You may never truly know how much your love and support has meant to me. You hold me when I cry, cheer me up when I'm down, and renew my hope when I am broken. You may not always understand my mood swings or why I cry when I find out that yet another one of my friends is pregnant but you always hug me and tell me that it is going to be okay.
Thank you for loving me so much that you are willing to go through these hard times so that we can have a child together. You may not be a dad yet, but you have already proven that you are going to be the best dad in the world.

Love,
The Luckiest Girl in the World

1 comment: