Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter 2013

This is the first Easter since we learned that we were infertile that I have not been sad. Holidays are typically very hard for people going through infertility. They usually are for me. I'm really okay. I hope that feeling lasts through tomorrow.

Right now I believe that God is giving me a dose of what Easter is really all about: Hope.

Christ gave the world hope when He sacrificed Himself as payment for our imperfections. I am so grateful for that sacrifice and for love that He shows me daily. Even when I am angry at God, life and the universe He still doesn't give up on me. He sees every tear and mourns with me. That is love.

I hope and pray that this Easter brings you hope, peace and joy. Happy Easter.

Now a quick update- After looking over the finances and considering how long my body would need to fully recover from my gallbladder surgery and Crohn's fiasco, we are looking at doing our IVF cycle in August. Of course, I'll need the approval of my gastroenterologist first but hopefully I'll be well enough to get it. I'm very, very excited.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are in a good place about your infertility. Praise God! I pray for you and Rob every day. I will miss seeing you today. Love you. Grandmama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The holidays are always hard for those living with infertility. Too many reminders of what we're living with and a lot of pressure to conform despite the grief and the pain. I'm glad you're in a good place, but remember that it is also important to recognize when you're struggling and take the time you need to tend to yourself and your DH. Few people really understand why this is so important, but it's important for anyone living with a life-altering disease.

    Glad to hear you're healing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you get approval and that August is a time for change and celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended having a bit of a pity party by the end of the day, but it wasn't as big as it usually would be. The pictures of all the children with their egg hunts on Facebook did me in. It certainly didn't help that I was very tired yesterday as well.

    ReplyDelete