Monday, February 6, 2012

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do

Breaking up is hard to do. Especially when you are "breaking up" with infertility. My husband and I are currently on a break from trying to get pregnant. The months of dashed hopes and broken dreams are exhausting and we need a break from it. On one hand, taking this break has been a huge relief. On the other hand, I feel like I've broken up with my hopes and dreams. I know it's only a temporary break, but it still feels that way.

I think of my infertility every time I see my basal body thermometer, or my OPK strips, or a pregnancy test. When I hear songs on the radio like Gavin DeGraw's "Not Over You," I think of the baby that I don't have. I realize how pathetic this all sounds, but keep in mind that this has been a huge part of my daily life for the past 15 months.

So how do I get infertility off of my mind? I haven't figured it out yet.

***My apologies to all of my friends and relatives if I nearly gave you a heart attack with this title. Mr. Rach and I are not breaking up!***

4 comments:

  1. Breaks are always good, the trick is to find a way to reward yourself so that you aren't thinking constantly about infertility. Last fall, I started doing activities that I knew I wouldn't be able to do while pregnant (rock climbing anyone?). For me, it helped.

    Wishing you a lovely break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog! I myself have PCOS, and now would like to conceive. There has been much to learn since my PCOS diagnosis.

    Like Cristy, I also started to do things that would take my mind of babies and reproductive issues. It's been hard, that is no lie. I find myself very lonely since all my other friends are pregnant, have a baby, or on there second baby. Keeping busy is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you for the tips! It's getting a little easier. I think it'll just take time to get back to normal (whatever normal is).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach I have been NT/NP for the past 3-4 months now, it has helped me feel more relaxed but I still post on CTP. So I still think about it, but I am coming to terms with things. Praying this break gives you peace and allows you to come back to ttc with guns a blazing! :-)

    ReplyDelete